Interlibrary Loan Lending
- The Sherman Public Library does not charge for loans or for photocopies ordered through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- Replacement of lost or damaged material is the responsibility of the borrowing library. Replacement fees will include the cost of the book plus a $5 processing fee.
- Requests for renewals must be received at least seven days before the due date and must be made by the borrowing library through Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) or by telephone.
- The loan period for all materials is four weeks. One two-week renewal may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- The Sherman Public Library reserves the right to recall any item. A recall notice will be issued to the borrowing library through OCLC online or by telephone.
- Circulating copies of fiction and nonfiction books are available.
- Grayson County records on microfilm are available.
- We will photocopy up to 50 pages from periodicals and noncirculating materials. All requests must be copyright compliant.
- Audiovisual materials
- Books published within the past six months or books in high demand
- Rare books
- Reference / genealogy materials
- The Sherman Public Library is a free supplier to all libraries within the United States.
- The Sherman Public Library will accept requests from libraries in the following forms:
- ALA carbon forms
- Fax at 903-892-7101
- OCLC online
- On appropriate library letterhead